Friday, September 15, 2006

The 1st time...

okok... mysterious title ah? as in wat did i actually do? something i nv done before wor... heehee...

yep! yep! i drove a car tis morning! woohoo~~!!! whahaha... after dragging for so long, i finally went to take my 1st driving lesson lah. nutting much to boast abt as is juz a small case but someone like me who nv drove a car before and car is a stranger to me, is a big big issue lor. anyway, i decided to take my lesson here as i tink when i go back to spore, i dun tink i have the time to go for it. haiz... if i can pass and get my licence here, all i need is to convert into international licence when i get back to spore with a basic test. heehee...

anyway, my experience today can be summarised with 2 words: scary & relieve.

my instructor drove the car to outside my house then is where we began my 50mins lesson. after a short intro of himself, he asked me "have u driven a car before?" my ans was a straight "NO". then he juz asked me to take the steering wheel and he will do the pedalling and controlling of gear. well, i took the manual driving lesson instead of the easier auto one. and for learning car here, there r 2 sets of pedals. one set at the driver seat lah, one set at the instructor seat ah. so cool, rite? whahaha... in spore, we only have the emergency brake at the instructor seat, rite? i nv tot they have such cool structure here la. whaha.... so off we go, i did the steering and my instructor did the rest. my 1st scary moment lah, i am act driving a car. though no need use leg but i am actually driving a car! whahaha... it is moving lah!!!! then we went pass my uni and head off to the slopey area before we head for the more quiet area where he tried to explain more to me. there r so many roundabouts in the roads here so my steering was turning and turning lah. then i was very tense up, i held on the steering very tightly and is like sometimes i turn too much, sometimes i juz turn too little. whahahaha... i gave my instructor a few heart attacks when i turn too little at a left turn and turn too much at a roundabout.

then we went on to the next stage when he actually ask me to step on the accelarator and brake while he still control the clutch and gear lah. i cannot accelarator too much neither too little. becos i cannot feel for it so during the initial moments, i accelarate too much lah. so he asked me take of my shoes and i can feel better. heehee... did as he said, i really can feel better. then off we go again. with me controlling the steering wheel, accelarator and brake. my hands and legs juz cannot coordinate well lah. i rem to step on accelarator and gear, then my hand become entangled liao. haha... often he has to stretch over and assist me in turning back.

finally the 50mins was abt to up so he asked me to turn back to main road and we resume back to initial stage. i will juz control steering wheel. so tis is when i had my relieve moment. heehee... back home safely.

i was quite pleased with my own performance. not in the sense tat i was very good in driving or i din make mistake. i am pleased becos i was really panic last nite but tis morning when i saw the car and sat in the car and drove off, i was not tat panic after all. i was rather stable liao. and i din had cold sweat which i usually will whenever i am scare lah. whahaha... so for tis, i really wanna thank myself for staying calm and cool ah. heehee... "Iris, thank u so much!"

okok... so next week i will have 2 lessons. tues and fri. haiz... very packed with assignments but i really wanna complete my lessons asap and get the licence so tat next yr when my family is here, i can drive them around. heehee...

wish me GOOD LUCK, k??? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck!!!! =)

sandyris said...

realise i din reply ur comments previously lah. wat a lousy host i was. paiseh paiseh... anyway, thank u for ur good luck & being my faithful blog reader lah... appreciate so so much... give u a kiss... *muacksssssss*