Wednesday, August 08, 2007

19 days New Zealand Trip Part 5 - Lake Tekapo & Home Bound to Brisbane...

Day 17 - Depart Dunedin for Lake Tekapo

is already 3 Jul... i had spent more than 2 weeks in NZ by then. soon is time for me to get back to Brisbane... mmm... heehee... let me have my last bit of enjoyment in NZ with a wonderful nite stay @ Lake Tekapo. is a very beautiful countryside with lovely environment and surrounding. juz when i am feeling very tiring after travelling and travelling, is good to enjoy my nite at the beautiful lake.

the beach! the sand! the sun! the sea! how i miss all these!!!! i am seeing too many mountains and mountains with snow. i need the sun, sea and beach! hahaha... i was over excited when i see this lovely background of the photo tat my fellow traveller was kinda stunned ah. hahaha... paiseh ah, i always show my excitement on my face. muz take a photo of it... *snap!*

tis is not illusion... tis is not computer graphics... tis is not photoshop effect... is taken by ME with my camera! can u see the sea, the land/mountain, the bright sky? i simply love tis photo...

more scenary photos here... okok... ending soon... :D

tis is Lake Tekapo.. peaceful and lovely environment. a small township with not many pple & well contained within itself with restaurants, supermarket, pubs and accommodation...

houses in Lake Tekapo.. is stretched along the river following thru the town...


another fairy tale liked church... a small church located in the midst of such peaceful environment with the snowy mountains as background and witness. many couples from Christchurch will make their way to Lake Tekapo to have their marriage held @ this church. Lake Tekapo is only abt 3hrs drive from Christchurch. for the sake of the ambience, atmosphere and surrounding, all long journey is worth it!

have a closer look @ the church... doesn't it resemeble those fairy tale cottage? heehee...

a monument in remembrance for the sherperd dog which helped the farmers thru their difficult period in farming in the olden days...

me @ Lake Tekapo.. for taking tis photo, i had to run to and fro to adjust the camera and the self timer mode... aiyooo... i took abt 8 over photos before i took tis sort of nicer one... whahhaa...

sun is setting @ Lake Tekapo... casting a shadow over the hills... Lake Tekapo is famous for sun rise, sun set and star glazing...

YHA @ Lake Tekapo... is a very cosy but not realy "warm" place as in becos is located right beside the lake. the whole hostel is rather cold unless u sit rite beside a heater or fireplace ah... is so cold tat the flushing system of the toilets had been fixed to such tat water nv stop running. if the water stop running, the water in the pipe will freeze! & at nite, the wind outside is blowing so so strongly tat i can hear it so clearly... "wooooo" tat is how cold it is lor... :P
Day 18 - Depart Lake Tekapo for Christchurch

i try to wake up early for the sun rise but the sun juz rise so slowly... before i can see the "egg yolk", i have to board the bus and leave Lake Tekapo... anyway, here is the scene of some "晨曦" before the actual "egg yolk" arise...

on our way to Christchurch, we r stopped by THEM! the "moo-moo"... heehee... apparently, these grp of "moo-moo" juz finished their "excursion trip" so they r heading back to their farm. & there were abt 4 to 5 of them who juz refused to go back. they r wondering around on the main road. whahaha... no matter how the farmer tried to lure them, push them, they juz refused to move! cars and buses had to stop and wait for them to clear the road cos they r road hogging! whahaha... it was a amusing scene ah...

upon reaching Christchurch, after checking into the backpackers, i juz slowly walked around Christchurch. by then, my wallet is completely dried up. in order to survive for 1 more day till i board the plane to fly back to Brisbane, i have to take some money out from the ATM. i oso needed some money for my departure tax. BUT clever me actually forget the pin number for my Cash Traveller Debit Card. whahahaha... how wonderful can tat be? & the help line in NZ tat i got at the back of the card is WRONG! wow.. even more wonderful is tat i can only called the NZ helpline for help. i cannot called AUST for help. so calmly, i approached the backpacker's reception to seek their help in checking for a correct number. finally i got the phone number, the rite one. i got my PIN number from the help desk & finally draw out sufficient money. hahaha... a lesson learnt here: nv empty ur money from ur wallet. u nv noe wat kind of unforseen circumstances will happen wor... whahahha... but all was good & so i juz waited for the time to pass before i fly home.

Day 19 - Depart Christchurch & Home Bound to Brisbane...

i encountered my 2nd problem @ airport. the check in stuff at Air NZ refused to let me check in cos they said my Australia visa is not valid. wat a day sia... i was using my new passport and my Aust visa is in my old passport. I already brought the old one along cos i noe they have to check it. they called Canberra to verify my visa and passport before allowing me to check in. they said this is the last time i am allowed to do tis. i have to get a visa in my new passport. well, when i left Australia immigration before flying off to NZ, i checked with the Aust officers to see if i will have any problem coming back Aust with my visa in another passport. the lady answered me "no problem at all" then. & now, i faced such issue. mmm... wat to do leh? i am speechless. anyway, i managed to get thru and reached Brisbane safe and sound.

Overall, it was a good good trip. a trip tat i will nv forget cos i had so many of my 1st time in tis trip. i learnt alot from the trip, i experienced alot from the trip. it make me wanna travel even more. i wanna see more and learn more & i noe by travelling, i will fulfill all these. so i look forward to my next trip to wherever i can go.

a sidenote and tips for all: always have a travel diary & expenses booklet with u. a travel diary can help u remember all ur precious experience along the trip. is really a good form of remembering all ur wonderful encounters. a travel expenses booklet can help u keep track of all ur expenses so tat u can calculate every now and then to prevent from overspending and for easy calculation at the end. i din over spend for my trip, is juz tat my money was in my debit card and there r some areas which i can only pay by cash. :D
End of my 19 days travel in NZ... i hope u enjoy the 5 parts of my travel experience with photos i picked from the over 500 photos i took for my whole trip. guys in spore, for more details and more photos, wait till i get back to Spore to show u ah... heehee...

No comments: