Wednesday, July 13, 2005

departure for Brisbane... all my tots and happenings

yeahz! tis is my 1st blog since i arrived in Australia. i juz had my internet set up yesterday so i am trying to get all the admin stuff done asap. hopefully i can sign up for my course as soon as by tis week.

anyway, too much to say so shall slowly start off from the day i left, Sat, 9 Jul 2005. i was taking the nite flight of QF52 from SIN to Brisbane. when i set off for airport, it was almost abt 6.30pm. before i reached, i received call from Pat tat she reached airport liao... aiyo, she more KS than me ah... haha... anyway, when i reached, it was just nice for check in. crossing my fingers for the luggage tat exceed weight limit, i went to the counter and check in. i looked at all the counter staff and all seems ok ok... so i juz went to 1 counter and act frenly and pitiful. then when i place my luggage on the weighting machine, haha.... it was 33kg! but she din mention anything abt exceed weight limit and i went thru! yeahz!

after check in, my frens arrived. jun and lin was 1st 2 to be there. as usual, lian was late... haha... when i saw them i was so so happy cos i noe at least got pple send me off ah... haha... then soon phone rang and msg came in and blah blah.... before i reached airport, i was msging fang & in my mind, i juz hope she will come to send me off oso. then after a while, my mentoring buddies, Audrey, Fiona, Seh Inn, Wee Keong came. it was very nice of them to come and sent me off. i was very pleased to see them.

then after tat a call came to ask me where i was. i ans tat person not knowing who he is ah. u see, how blur i can get sia.... then soon all my family (dad and mum's side) all arrived. happy family photo taken and is like big big gathering. everyone was commenting how come my hand carrier so big... haha... they nv see my check in luggage, they will faint sia... then after tat, pat and san san arrived. yeahz! very happy to see them & i was very touched by their present. it was a photo album photos i taken with each of them. they r so good and kind to do it for me. (PS: poly 2B26 frens, THANK U for the photo album (esp thanks to PAT ah...) i really love it and is 1 of my best companion for my stay in Aust now!)

then phone rang, it was fang! haha... she is really in the airport. i went over to meet her. then we spoke for a while. she passed me a card then as we tok, gosh.. she cried. she was hugging me and cried. making me wanna cry too. i keep telling myself to be strong and cannot cry so whoever i see, i act tough... heehee... i not bad leh, i did it ok! i was really very very happy to see fang and is at least before i leave for aust. yeahz!!!!! she gave me a letter of msg which i told her i will read on plane cos if not i sure cry on the spot. after saying "bye bye" to her (very unwillingly bye bye ah...), i went back to my other frens and took some photos here and there. msg keep coming in but i nv reply or read cos i scare i cry. pple gave me cards and i oso nv read cos i scare i cry. fiona gave me mashmallows but i can't bring along so i asked aunt to bring home. but still i appreciate a lot!!! (PS: mentoring buddies, thank u for coming... will always rem the fond memories we had together! yeahz!)

then lian came. she came with a photo card. haha... i saw lin and jun signing it but i nv go disturb lah. i very good one. so i juz tok to baolai and chee wei who oso came. so glad to see them. i din tell baolai i was leaving but he say beng hwa told him. then beng hwa oso called me cos he say he is sick, cannot come down. he oso said tat he tried very hard to ask Chee kiong to come down but Chee kiong cannot make it on time. nvm lah... is ok. cos Chee kiong called me to tell me tat he can't come and wish me all the best. it was kind of him but i noe all these feelings are so diff and is no longer wat i wanna liao...

anyway, when the photo card was done, lian and all wanna pass to me but i keep running here and there. haha... until they oso very irritated liao. so quickly before i go in, i stood before them and see the card. it was a very nicely done card and i am so so so touched!!! got msg in it, i oso nv read until i board plane. (PS: my spice buddies, i am very very touched by tat card. 1 of my best companion here too! u guys played an impt part in my life so when i am aust, i will continue to miss all of u and tink of u all & pray for all ur well being...)

before i went in, alot of msg came in. msg from jasmin, shuwei, shupei, shiying, jenny, hafeez, zhirong, hui... hafeez even called me in the afternoon to wish me all the best. it was his bday party tat day ah... haha... so kind of him. (PS: thanks, guy! is so nice of u to call)

when is finally time to go in, i took all my bags. all 3 of them, so heavy ah... carry a back pack, carry a sling bag and hold on to a laptop bag. i bid all of them goodbye. hug every single of my gal frens who came and then said thank u to all of them and say GOODBYE to them for last time and unwillingly went in the custom. i din cried lor... i was strong and tough. i din wan to let them worry so i promise not to cry means cannot cry. i did it ah! yeahz!

when i was at the boarding area, i was so scared cannot go thru. cos bags like too big lor. then when i finally clear of the custom area and waiting at transit area, i was so so glad. haha... i went thru ah!!! yeahz!!! then at the transit area, i called aunt to tell her i went thru. then i was a bit on the crying verge but i din break down. i was tough, wasn't i? haha...

i board the plane clumsily with all my bags and then when i was sitted at the seat, very ma fan cos i cannot keep my laptop under the chair in front. too big ah... tried for a while before i get tings organised and then wait patiently for plane to take off. i saw the viewing gallery full of pple. i can sense tat my family r there (yeah! i am rite... my cousin told me tat she was there with my auntie... haha). finally i cannot tahan and tears rolled down my cheeks. the 1st tear came down and it juz continue like running tap. din noe wat to do to stop juz try not let others see, esp the one next to me see. anyway, after a while, i was ok cos they serving supper ah... so paiseh if they see... after supper, i took out all cards and msg to read. once again, cannot tahan, tears roll down again. i cannot control ah...i cry until i tired and slept. but when the light went off, i woke up after a while, then i start outside the plane, saw stars... then i feel the loneliness and tears rolled down again... it was a very painful airplane ride where i din enjoy any of the online entertainment and was so uneasy all the while. then cry until tired, slept a while before i saw the sun rise which means reaching very soon....

when i reached brisbane, it was very very cold... i wore my jacket straight. when i was waiting for luggage, i keep planning how to carry so many items with my 2 hands. then slowly i manage to get the luggage down from the conveyor belt and finally into the custom clearance area. when i finally clear from the custom, i was so happy cos they din check my bags. haha... finally i was in Brisbane! yeahz!!! waited a while for all to arrive before we set off for our respective lodging places. when i reached Union College, my hostel... a bit of problem as they cannot find my key to my room but after a while it was ok. the weather was very cold and windy... when i got up to my room, it was rather small room but still ok. it was at a very far end unit with no one in the block yet... sad... but i have no worries cos i noe soon more pple will move in... hehe... so there i am start to unpack my stuff and prepare my room for cosy stay... yeahz!!!

shall continue tomolo as is time for sleeping now...

... to be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hee...glad dat nowadays we get to talk more online lor ^^ take care okie!!!! *waiting for more updates on ur NEW life in brisbane :P*

-fang