Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Day 4 - Cycling around Rottnest Island

Day 4 - Cycling around Rottnest Island

Rottnest Island is abt 20mins ferry away from Fremantle. It is one of the offshore island which is popular among both locals and tourists. It is famous for snorkering, diving, beach activities and cycling. on the island itself, there r only 2 modes of transport, either by the local tour coach or bicycle. so i decided to hire a bike and began my tour around the island on my favourite buddy, BICYCLE!!! woohoo~!!! the island is abt 30km wide from east to west. i am not tat power to finish cycling the whole island. from 10am to 3pm, i cycled around half of the island, completed abt 15km in total... hahaha.. along the way, i had leg cramps for abt 3 times. however, the view along the way made all the cramps and tiredness worth it. look out for the photos below to see wat i mean...

me in my helment...

look @ the blue and greenish ocean and the wave... picturesque scene..

blooming flowers along the way...

Oliver Hill, one of the hill top on the island is one of the fore front to guard Perth in the past.. see tis huge canon...

tis "tingy" here... dun ask me wat it is.. is damn huge... abt the length of hand from wrist to elbow. it juz stood quietly in front of my bicycle when i parked it while having a walk around Oliver Hill. i had to try to stamp my feet on the ground to chase it away before i can get my bicycle. @ tat moment, if it jump on me, probably i will juz abandon my bicycle and walk back to the main town area ah.. haha...

BEST part of the cycling route... is uphill and downhill. i did not have to cycle at all. as i go downhill, the speed of the bicycle is enough to bring me uphill... with the wind blowing on my face, is juz like a roller coaster... haha...

light house from far...

yatches which brings pple out to the ocean for diving...

does tis look like a HUGE swimming pool? is the ocean!!! the coral reef can be found at a shallow level... tis photo is taken on top of a cliff..

another picturesque photo...

after cycling for almost the whole day, time to treat myself to a GOOD meal... fish & chips along the harbour front... bonus with 3 BIG prawns.. woohoo~!!! yummy!

No comments: