Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Dilemma!!! i hate it...

life is not always smooth sailing. there r times when tings in life juz dun go the way u wanna it to be and u have to make a choice and decide on what u need to do. when such situation happen, u r set in a dilemma. u cannot decide which way to go as either way u will gain and lose something. have u come across such tough and difficult situation before?

haiz... who wanna set themselves in such irritating situation leh? u tink making tough decisions very fun meh? but as wat i said, life is nv smooth sailing. there r juz moments when u need to give up and face the music in life and make a decision. and when u make a choice, u have to live with it, no regrets and dun keep harping on it.

y i say all these ah? haiz... i am set in a dilemma now. a situation which i am neither here nor there. i seriously dunno what to do. no matter wat option i choose, i will lose something. i have to choose an option tat is with minimum losses and disruption. there r fixed cost already incurred so i need to be careful with my choice now. but it is realy a difficult moment. i hate such situation. i am really at a point which i dunno wat to do at all. i can keep asking pple for advice but eventually i am the one who need to make a choice and live with it. no matter wat option i choose, i wun regret but i juz wanna b extra cautious with my choice.

can bring in wat i learn in my subject "Tourism Policy and Planning" ah. in tis sub, we learnt from case studies on how to identify the area of prob, cause of prob and give alternatives (solutions) and then evaluate which is the best alternative. i nv expect i can use wat i learn in class in real life situation. whahaha...

area of prob: my driving licence... unable to continue with my driving lessons.

cause of prob: need fulfill a 6mths continuous stay in Aussie before i can go back Spore to convert to Singapore licence. so die die oso need to get my licence by tis Dec. and stay put in Aussie from Jan to Jun to fulfill the 6mths

alternative 1: stop my driving lessons now. already learnt 15 lessons and spent AUD$750 on them. (tat's the fixed cost tat is incurred) then go back spore after grad next yr and start learning all over again.

alternative 2: continue learning. try to get the licence by Dec. if still unable, try to get it until possible. then decide on how to fulfill the 6mths stay after getting it.

evaluation of alt 1: all my past effort and money will go down the drain. completely wasted.

evaluation of alt 2: bound with all restrictions (eg: cannot travel out of Aussie at all for 6 mths continuously) and lots of uncertainities ahead.

conclusion: i chose alternative 1. i shall stop driving now. yes, it will be waste of my money and effort but i really cannot afford to take the risk to go on and try and end up i dun get it in Dec, i will incur more cost. in my heart, i feel so bu gan yuan to give up now cos i really put in effort and try very hard to learn every lesson. i give up now means i got to start all over again in spore next time. however, i dun wan to go ahead for a battle tat i have no confidence in. even my instructor oso advise me to stop now and learn in spore cos he dun tink i can perform up to standard under pressure by Dec. is really my biggest mistake to over look and din check thoroughly before starting to learn. i have a price to pay for tis serious mistake i made. really idiot me... now i juz wanna get over with exam fast and start to work again and earn back my AUD$750. although i am doing part time while learning driving... not enough ah!!! i muz earn back double, recover my money losses and mental losses. after i go back spore then i wan to get my driving licence so i muz earn my money now!!!

morale of the story: look carefully and tink carefully before u leap. once u start, u got to live with ur choice. cos once u choose to give up, u have a huge price to pay.

i noe some of u may tink the way as my brother. how come i choose to give up now even without giving it a try until Dec. if Dec i really fail, at least i tried for it. the problem is if i wait till Dec, i will incur more cost. tis driving is already an unnecessary cost for my studies here and now i act incurred a reducdant amt of cost. if i wait till Dec and yet i din get it, wun i incur more cost? tat is y i said is dilemma... but now i made my choice liao... i wun regret. i will live with it... frens reading my blog now... muz support me, k? heehee...

No comments: