Thursday, October 26, 2006

Official last day of studies for Sem 2, 2006

officially today is the last day of school for tis semester... (not the same as Grace, who had the official last day for her uni studies... whahaha..)

had 2 disappointment and 1 satisfaction and 1 challenge today. well, generally, it was a different summary.

the 1st one is challenge. it has nutting to do with uni lah. is abt my driving. today my instructor asked me to try turn around driving. i dunno if tat is call 3 point turn. on paper it stated "turn around" driving. anyway, really challenge lah cos i need to use the reverse gear. gosh~ i am still rather unsteady abt the gear lor. now ask me use reverse gear after 1 try, i din manage to do it so my instructor demo once for me to see. 2nd time when i did it, with his gudiance, i manage to do it but is not a perfect one definitely. hopefully next lesson i can master it. hmm... driving is slowly making some progress, i juz hope i keep it constant. the car still stall on me but i am having slightly more confidence. i really need more practices and time. can i finish it by Dec? really doubt it ah cos my instructor has so many students lor. haiz...

2nd one is abt my disappointment. 2 of them. both r abt my studies lah. i am not really a result oriented person but i noe results do tell a hundred things and good results will be one tat most pple wanna see. remembering my aunt's words "if u aim for pass only, then wat for u study overseas leh?" i will nv forget tis sentence lor. is not her words tat r hurting or pressurising. is juz tat i really agree with wat she said so i die die oso muz remind myself tat i DO NOT wanna aim pass only. i wanna aim higher!!! much higher!!! so tat in case, i have room to drop down which i dun wan lah. haiz... but tis time, i really need to drop down liao. 1st result for hospitality small business was below satisfactory level. (guess leona will agree with me too). our grp presentation din fare well so overall for tis subject i can only aim for a Grade 5 liao which i really dun wanna. 2nd one is my Tourism Destination Marketing. tis subject has no exam so is base on the report we do. gotten back my last submission for the report. haiz... below expectation. i aim for Grade 7 for tis subject and i fall short on my expectation. short of 1 mark to my desired Grade 7. haiz... who to blame, myself lor... i admit tat tis submission was not up to standard. i really din do well. haiz... i promise myself to be sad for a while only... cos i still need buck up and earn back my marks else where. exam still not over yet, i still have hope to earn back my marks else where. i shall, i will and i muz!!!! push push... i need push myself further... further and further... no pressure, i tink i wun work ah.

lastly, the happy ting. heehee... got an email from my lecturer tat i was pre-selected for the Executive Shadowing Program, a placement program for one of my subject next sem. heehee.. something i yearn for and something which is rather hard to get cos they expect a certain GPA marks as part of the pre-requisite. hopefully i can maintain my standard and make it all the way until i secure a placement within a company lah. i aim for events or tourism companies ah. heehee... anyway, shall go for the meeting session next week and see how.

okok... last report in progress... 20% done only lah. slow ah... argh~~!!!

oh ya... juz to share an interesting note. rem the photos of the purple flowers i posted earlier? is called Jacaranda and according to some of them, if the Jacaranda flowers fell and hit ur head, u cannot graduate ah! whahaha... today i walked pass 3 Hong Kong students. a flower juz drop in front of the guy and he said "lucky it din hit my head ah!" whahaha... guess tis rumour had been rather wide spread ah. heehee... i oso quite particular and "ban tang" ah. so i oso dun wan the Jacaranda flowers drop on my head lor... heehee... but very fast all these purple flowers will be gone so for those graduating soon, no need so worry lah... whahaha...

No comments: