Monday, October 15, 2007

arrival of my angels...

this is the PSLE marking period, hence my cousins, Weiqi, Wei Hui & Wei Zhi had a short holidays to spare. & i am very glad that they decided to make their way to Brisbane and Gold Coast. I miss them very very much and I am very happy and contented that I can be with them for these few days. It was short gathering for us, but i am satisfied and contented. I cannot describe how much I miss the kids. it had been a very long while since i last saw them. when i got the news that i will be seeing them, i was so so thrilled. knowing tat i had an assignment to submit, i still look forward to spending precious moments with them. i noe all i can ask for is to be able to see them, play with them, hear their voice and be with them. even is for a short period, i am feeling very contented.

On Saturday morning, i made my way to Movieworld @ Gold Coast early in the morning. Their flight arrived early in the morning and they made their way to Movieworld as their 1st stop. So as i approached Movieworld, my heart was pumping very fast. I did not look around as I walked into Movieworld. My mind is juz abt "where are my kids?", "will they recognise me?", "i juz wanna meet up with them ASAP!". so finally i saw them! i walked to Weiqi and she commented "look! whose tat in the sunglasses! hahaha... is Weishan Jie Jie!!!" GOOD tat she din forget me! then i walked over to Wei Hui and Wei Zhi. Hui Hui shouted my name "Weishan Jie Jie" while Zhi Zhi juz stared at me for a moment and then shouted my name too. hahaha... i knew for tat moment, he forgotten what my name was. haiz... but after a while, he was warmed up and we had crazy moments. heehee...

We took the Scooby-Doo ride as it was more acceptable for the kids. I sat with Weiqi and at 1st we were just screaming for sake of screaming. but as we approached the top of the roller coaster, it was total darkness and i noe my girl was really terrified. she held on to my arms and practically wrap her arms across mine. we continued our screaming and the whole journey down was really FUN and exciting. hahaha...

We went for some Shrek 4-D movie and musical play as my cousins are very much into Shrek's movie. then after lunch, we watched the parade of various Warner Bros' cartoon characters. before going off, Maichi (my cousins' maid) & I decided to try the thrilling rides. my eldest cousin, Weiqi juz refused to join us so we had to go on our own. heehee... thank goodness Maichi was there. as if i was alone, i guess i will not really go for the rides. :D it was good experience as the rides were rather FUN, thrilling and exciting. to me, my personal favourite was Lethal Weapon. however, i would love to try the Superman ride which was not in operation that day. a pity ah... but nvm lah...


the day @ Movieworld ended with lots of FUN, memories, laughter and joy. i tot i could join them for a nite stay at Gold Coast but becos i need to get back to Brisbane to do my work, so i juz had to forgo the chance to have more time spent with my kids. mmm...

anyway, let me share the photos i took during our Movieworld trip...

Me @ Movieworld! my 1st visit to Movieworld...
actually i din really get to see the whole movieworld as my main purpose for tis visit is to meet up with my cousins. Movieworld experience is secondary. so i seriously dun mind a 2nd visit to Movieworld where i can have more time to explore the various area. :D

The Batman Wing ride...

Superman Ride! but it was not in operations tat day... argh~!!!!

Me @ the fountain at the entrance... nice view with the roller coaster track at the back

Police Academy's stunt show... the car looks pretty cool with half of its body stuck in the air, rite? hheehee... cool stunt!

their performance was really entertaining and interesting in which my little cousin was so hyperactive. he kept jumping up and down... heehee...

Stuntmen @ work...

Police VS Prisoner... who's the winner then?

aiyoooo... how come the prisoner can hold on to the policeman ah... hahaha...

after the Police Academy's show, we proceeded on to the Scooby Ride...

Weiqi & I while waiting for our turn to take the ride...

my dear boy was dancing! hahaha... he was trying to entertain us while waiting... i like tis pose... :D

i like tis photo very very much! natural side of the 2 girls.. one trying to act as if she is a "ghost" tat juz crawl out from the graveyard while the other had the shocking face as she was near to a tombstone. as for the boy, see how relax he was, resting on Maichi's legs... smart boy...

Shrek's musical play... featuring Little Red Riding Hood, Puss in Boots & the Donkey (does tis Donkey has a name? hahaha)

tat is the rather plastic looking Shrek! heehee... Weiqi and i agreed tat Puss in Boots is the best looking character as it look real as compared to the rest.
during lunch time... instead of the actual food, see wat i was enjoying with the kids...
ICE CREAM!!! woohoo~!!!!
Wagon Wheel Chocolate Ice Cream... 2 gigantic cookies with ice cream spreaded in between... yummilicious!!!

Wei Hui was enjoying her Junior Scoop Cone of Chocolate Ice Cream (did i tell u guys? tis cousin of mine is a Chocolate Lover too.. same as me!!! guess it runs in the family blood... hahaha) anyway, she was trying to "rescue" the fries tat was stuck in between the ice cream.. how creative and irritating she can get la... aiyoooo...

Weiqi, Me & Wei Zhi @ the Scooby-Doo Ride...

Me & Scooby-Doo... actually i only wanna take with Scooby... i dun need the rest leh... hahaha... Scooby-Doo is one of my fav cartoon.. part of childhood as it was always shown on TV during then...

During the parade...

Austin Powers!!!!

Daffy Duck... *quack! *quack!

Sylvester... Tweety's biggest enemy!!!

Puss in Boots... haha... i din noe the actual name and change it to "Puss the Cat"...

Catwoman... meeeooowww.... cool leh... tis Catwoman very "dao".. she din shake hands with my cousins for the 1st round then disappointed kids finally got some response from tis cool lady at the 2nd round... hahaha...

Batman & his gadgety car... i preferred his car to Batman.. hahaha.. the car more stylo ah..

Tweety Bird!!! tis tweety looks kinda blur ah... whahaha...

Bugs Bunny!!! another cutie childhood cartoon...

say a BIG HEELLLOOOO to Scooby-Doo!!! woohoo~!!!!

Shrek, Princess Fiona and Donkey... mmm... the donkey muz be feeling burning hot under the scorching HOT sun in his super thick costume... poor ting...

Day @ Movieworld ended... & i followed them back to their hotel @ Courtyard Marriott, Gold Coast. rite smap @ the center area of Surfers Paradise, the view is jus marvellous from the top floor apartment... tot i could spent a nite with the kids.. well, i have to realistic. i need to go home and finish up my work so there i was, leaving the hotel unwilling to head back to Brisbane. it was a 2hrs ride home on Bus, train, bus... haiz... BUT all is worth it! as it had been a long long while since i last had so much fun with my cousins. i wonder when will be the next time round tat we can go out and enjoy again...


oh ya... while i was chatting with Maichi. she told me tat back home, those new maids @ my cousins' grandma's house were very envy abt Maichi. they were saying tat Weiqi is a very sensible girl and Maichi is very lucky to be able to take care of her. Weiqi does not have tat "master & maid" attitude and whatever she can do by herself, she will do it. when i heard all these praises abt my girl, i was very very happy and i felt extremely proud being her cousin. i noe tat tis cousin of mine is a very sensible, obedient and friendly girl. by nature, she is very kind hearted and she is always tinking for others. tat is y Maichi said tat in the house, the other maids can get along well with her as she treat everyone with respect. with all these, i certainly hope tat my girl will bring on these virtues as she grow up along her way. going on to sec sch next year, i noe she is not the smartest kid but she is definitely the most loveable kid... i am very proud of my cousin! Way to go, Weiqi!!!

Following on... my uncle decided to travel up to Brisbane for a day instead of going to the Tropical Fruit Farm. so there i was waiting for them to arrive in Brisbane and so tat i can spent a fruitful day with them. most photos r not with me so i cannot update all for now. let me juz share wat i have with me.
the day started when they arrived from Gold Coast at abt 11am. i met them at Central Railway station and the kids were feeling hungry so we had some snacks @ Macdonald. then we proceeded on to walk along Brisbane's main street of shopping. i guess the train ride made them very tired. Weiqi keep asking me "when are we going to ur house?" haha... yes! yes! soon... i took them to the City cat ferry terminal at North Quay. there Weizhi shouted out "CityCat" as the ferry came by. we boarded the city cat and i was explaining abt how city cat function as public transport for pple living in Brisbane and how it became unofficial tourist attraction when the city cat tour along brisbane river is a good way to spend almost half a day.. heehee...


anyway, we headed to UQ and my task was to bring them around and show them my campus. it was a very HOT day so before they dehydrate, i better proceed on to my house and let them rest for a while before lunch. when they came to my apartment, Weiqi saw my Bee Bee and she was quite excited ah. she held on to Bee Bee and started to examine her. then she said "how i miss Bee Bee ah... i am bringing her back to Spore." hahaha... do u noe how smart tis girl was? she noe tat Bee Bee is my dearest soft toy. so there was once, she actually "threaten" me with Bee Bee. i did not want to give her something tat she yearned for so she actually took my Bee Bee and held it outside the window. she tried to threaten me to give in, if not... Bee Bee will be flying rabbit. smart girl, rite? but she juz did tat for fun cos eventually she did not fight till the end. i still din give her wat she wanna. hahaha... anyway, it was really funny on how a 21yrs old girl and a 10yrs old girl fight over something using a rabbit as a bait. tat was 2 yrs ago btw...


back to now, after tour around uni, we went to Cyber city for lunch. hahaha... before lunch, we had a round of "arcade" games! well, i am never good at these arcade games. i was trying to entertain Weiqi by playing with her. hahaha... true enough, i was 1st to KO. she is good in these games la... juz tat we r all hungry so we got to make her game KO fast! heehee...

Me & the kids @ UQ bus stop...

Maybe before i end, let me introduce my angels...


Angel 1 - Lim Wei Zhi (8 years old)

He is a very cheeky and smart boy. hyperactive boy who can't keep still and will always be on my nerves. he will try to irritate me as i always like to irritate him. hahaha... an eye for an eye ah... can see tat he grow up alot... i mean kids really grow so fast. 1 year ago when i saw him, he looks different from tis time round. mmm... i juz pray tat he will rem my name when i go back for hols next year ah. "Wei Zhi, my name is Weishan Jie-jie hor..."

Me & Wei Zhi... look @ his facial expression.. always so cheeky...

Angel 2 - Lim Weiqi (12 years old)

I am closest to her as i took care of her since she was young. we managed to spend alot of times going out together and having fun together as when she was young, i was still in sec sch. not much commitment in sch or anywhere else so all my free time was spent with her. now tat we grew up, we r busy but we r still very close. she will still be eager to tell me abt her stuff and abt her opinions. as wat i said earlier, i am very proud of tis cousin of mine. i believe with her good nature, she will be well appreciated by pple in future from everywhere. going to sec sch next year, i'm sure she will have heaps of fun! hahaha... i am waiting patiently for her stories... heehee... "Qiqi ah... u make me feel extremely good to be ur cousin..."

Me & Weiqi... her apple rosy cheeks.. not so clearly shown here as she got tanned after exposing to a few days of Aussie sun...

Angel 3 - Lim Wei Hui (10 years old)

very very stubborn girl who has her own set of tinking and juz refuses to give in. however, her attentiveness for watever she is doing is beyond wat i can imagine. if she like to do someting, she can be very focus. how i wish she can transform tis set of focus to her studies ah... hahaha... she is stubborn but same as her sister, she is a very kind hearted girl. we can see tat she cares alot for all her love ones. even when she always like to fight with her little brother, we can still see how she will dote on her brother and how she will make sure her brother has a fair share too. i'm waiting for her to grow up faster as i noe she will become a very pretty girl as she grow up for her features r rather sharp. heehee...

manage to "catch" hold of her to take a proper photo with me ah... tat's Wei Hui & I...

there u r, my 3 lovely angels... i am glad tat i managed to have a short moment spent with them. on thurs, they will be going back to Spore. & over these 2 days, i wun b meeting them as they r at Moreton Island now. no matter wat, i am juz grateful tat they r at least here. i noe i will miss them once they go back. yesterday at the farewell in the train, my eldest girl juz refused to look at me but when her Dad said tat i was really going off liao, she finally said bye bye and give me a very nice smile. at the tot of tis, make me feel like crying... cos i really miss the kids very much... i will look forward to going back to spore during chinese new year cos i wanna see them so so much!!!


haha... yesterday, i was rather sad to bid them goodbye. so i bought a 12-pack donuts from Dreamy Donut. hahaha... sound alot? no lor... give here, give there... all 12 donuts r gone! heehee...

No comments: