Friday, August 18, 2006

Ekka 2006!!!

Woohoo! Is Ekka 2006!!! Whahaha... is the mega fun fair in brissy tat is held once a yr during the aug period. Went for it last yr and had fun. So tis year, we r back once again. And tis yr I had a different experience. Yeahz!!! I was working the the UQ café in Ekka so as to be able to complete a reflective essay for my assignment for one of my course. Anyway, it was great experience working at Ekka, I really had fun and know a lot of nice pple. Although I had burn marks on my arm, all thanks to the marvelous toaster, I still enjoyed myself very much. According to my tutor, I became the Bread and Butter Girl liao... whahahaha...

On wed, it was Exhibition Day, public hols for brissy. Ekka as told by my lecturers, means exhibition and so they actually set aside a day during tis 10 days period as the exhibition day. I was working in the morning on wed and had fun at Ekka with my frens after my work. Tis is the part I like abt aussie as they have this kind of mega fun fair on the special show ground they built. Is a great event for family, frens to gather and have fun together. They make transportation so convenient tat is never a hassle to get down to the fair even when u r staying like an hour away. There r special shutter buses and train services. The train station is specially built for the showground and will be in use once there is tis fun fair going on. I went for Ekka last yr and I went again tis yr. as for next yr, I guess probably I wun be in time for it. So tis shall be the last Ekka I am going for sia.. no regrets! As I really had great great fun...

There r different pavilion showcasing different items. There is the Fresh food pavilion for Queensland Wines, International Food village for cuisines all over the world, Automotive section for diff type of cars, Showbag pavilion selling showbags. Showbags r of diff theme ranging from cartoons to fashions to sports to snacks. Many items r packed in the show bag and these bags r sold at a price tat is cheaper than its actual value of the item. Hahaha.. I bought a Garfield show bag with lots of goodies and a pillow in it. Woohoo!!!

Of cos in a fun fair, thrilling rides and games stores r the MUST have. Yeahz… there r many new rides as compared to last yr. after much consideration, we decided to take the most exciting ride in the fun fair. Is call “No Limit”. Is really exciting... 360 degrees turn... upside down.. gosh!!! I screamed until no voice sia... whahaha... we took photos, shall upload them once I take it from my frens. then we tried our luck at the games store. Heehee… last yr I played one of the game. Then very lucky me, won a BIG digimon dragon juz with 1 try. Here is a pic of it... his name is Brayden, currently he is in Spore. Yeahz... I bought it home during last summer hols for my cousins. Heehee...


Brayden (Orange Dragon) - At the back
Baby (Orange Carebear), Boris (Brown Teddy Bear), Bowie (Orange Monkey) - in the front

Then tis yr, I din wanna play the same game as I dun tink I can be so lucky for the 2nd time. My guy fren played the game but he din get it. They keep asking me to play too. So out of fun, I went ahead to play. Whahaha… guess wat??? Tis time round, I’ve got a BIG doggie as per the picture below. Yeahz!!! Same game, same store, juz 1 try. And I only spend $5 for tis big doggie… his name is Bacon. Sound like Beckham hor... shuai ge leh... Bacon is very popular among my frens as I was the only one who won something. So they helped me carry Bacon along the way ah... whahaha... cool sia!!! Oh ya... Wee Hong won some consolation prize too. Is a small little chicken, we called it Wee Hong’s Xiao Ji Ji.. (sound obscene hor... ahahah)


Bacon.. my new buddy from Ekka 2006.. whahaha.. Dreamy eyes.. so cute ah... *muacks*


Okok... now Ekka is over, is time for serious work liao. Played too much liao... up on my schedule I have 3 assignments due in 2 weeks time. 2 on same day somemore. Haiz... if I wanna go to the river festival on 2 Sep, tis 2 weeks I muz be super duper diligent in doing my assignments. If I slack, then really cannot go ah... currently I am in uni library. After tis entry, need do work liao... cos I juz started a new TVB series (lack of self discipline again... deserve a tight slap ah, san!) so I need stay in library in the day to do work to prevent myself from switching to watch the show.

Shall end for now... once I get the photos of Ekka from my frens, shall upload them here for u guys to see. Rite now, juz enjoy the photos of my Brayden and Bacon... whahaha...

2 comments:

Ah Hui Zi said...

i think u reali have alot of temptations over there to cope together with ur studies man. like so many activities and events coming along and u wish to go but yet on ur mind there are those serious stuff that u need to attend to first. poor thing leh.... luckily ur mental strength still pretty strong lor, often know how to pull urself back in time.
so not easy man! striking a good balance between work and play!

experts always say making a timetable for urself helps u to realize how much u actualli have. i never realli tried it b4 but it might works for u i dunno.

sandyris said...

yeahz... a timetable listing out wat is to be done and when is due really works at time... whahahaha..

anyway, my mental strength decreasing liao ah... haiz... siao liao...