Thursday, April 12, 2007

~Ms Sotong Lim~

as the title stated, Iris Lim had became Sotong Lim today... :P here is the birth of Ms Sotong Lim:

today is Thursday and is the day which i report for work for my job placement. the alarm clock went off at 6am & there i was with my dreamy eyes and thinking "is my uni mid sem break leh, y do i have to wake up at 6am in the morning to report for work? i miss my comfy bed...". but of cos i noe in reality, there is no such ting as "mid sem break" in working life. off days r only for public hols, leave entitlement or when ur company decides to give employees day off. so dragging myself out of my lovely bed, i quickly washed up and started to prepare my sandwich to pack as lunch & coffee as breaky. had a quick shower cos the water was freezing cold. took a few mins to decide wat to wear & off i went to catch the 8am ferry to go to work!

listening to local radio FM's breakfast program, having little giggle at the DJ's jokes, walking along Brisbane River, enjoying the cold breeze splashing on my face and thinking wat kind of task do i have to handle today? hmmm... then after abt 5mins walk from the ferry point, i reached my office. opened the door and was welcomed by my marketing manager. she looked at me with a wide smile and said "Good Morning, Iris. is ur uni holidays, u are not expected to be here today. u shld go ahead and enjoy ur hols. u r more than welcome to stay but u dun have to." so i replied "i din noe i was not suppose to come in today. i tot even is holidays, i still have to report for work." she said "my poor girl, how long did u take to come here? anyway, go ahead and enjoy ur holidays. u really dun have to stay here". so tinking tat there wun be anything prepared for me to do, i juz headed for the door and went off. at tat moment, my mind was "wat a BIG BLUR SOTONG i was ah!" then i recalled wat she said to me last Thursday, "i shall see u the week after next since next week is hols." hmm...

not knowing where to go, i headed to a cafe for breakfast. ordered my all time fav - pancakes & hot chocolate for breakfast. slowly enjoying my breakfast and deciding wat i shld do next. but is only 9am in the morning! wat can i do leh? so i had a tot. i might as well catch a morning movie at 10am. hahaha... initially i am suppose to go for a movie date with my frens in the evening today. we planned to watch "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle" but there was no evening movie session, so the date was called off. since i'm juz nearby to the cinema, i tot might as well not waste my effort to come here, i shall watch the movie ALONE. hahaha... i walked towards the cinema and due to 2 unforseen reasons, i decided to give it a miss & juz go home. 1st reason, the cinema was not opened yet, it was only 9.45am! 2nd reason, the entrance of the cinema was packed with kids! yes! is sch hols tis week so the kids r out for hols activities, one of which is watching movie. i saw parents bringing their kids to wait anxiously for the cinema to open. i feel kinda weird lah, wearing the office wear and waiting for the cinema to open in the middle of so many kids. so i decided tat i shall juz GO HOME! hahaha..

well, tat was how Ms Iris Lim turned into Ms Sotong Lim. i juz can't help but keep laughing at myself. how blur i can get and how "koo-koo" i can get to report for work when i am not suppose to? hmm... anyway, since i get a day off, i shall enjoy it, maybe try to finish my presentation which is suppose to due on Monday & probably helped Pat to "tackle" her very "challenging" assignment which was suppose to due by end of tis week (i tink).

No comments: