Wednesday, August 20, 2008

a week of activities...

some random updates from last week..

last Thursday, i went to try the dessert @ Paisley & Cream @ The Central. well, i went with quite high expectation as i was told that the shop serve pretty yummy dessert. in the end, i was rather disappointed with wat i had with my fren. maybe we shld try their cupcakes as they really look lovely and yummy. i shall save tat for the next time i go. as for the rest of the dessert, i tink i will give them a miss ah... haha... however, i still took some pretty nice photos of the dessert we ordered.

lemon cheesecake which is very lemon and less of cheese taste and texture...

bread and butter pudding... basically is warm pudding..

as for Friday, i met up with Huiying & Philip for dinner. whahaha... as i was watching the Finals for Olympics Table Tennis between China and Singapore, so i was late! thanks for their patience in waiting for me.. :D the dinner on friday fulfilled 2 of my cravings. i had the craving for baked rice & mud pie! so there we were @ NYDC, Wheelock Place. woohoo~!!!

my all time favourite, NYDC Jedi-muster mud pie... i love it!!!! yum~!

on Saturday, i forgo a chance to visit my relatives in Malaysia to go for a Career Fair @ Suntec with Fiona and Philip. well, job searching is more impt than going for the trip la. so i tink it was a wise choice, though i din get really alot from the career fair. i tink the consolation i had was the visit to Max Brenner @ Esplanade! i had been longing to go there but i juz did not had the chance. FINALLY!!! i went on Saturday! woohoo~!!!!

Espresso with Caramel... i like it very much. i am not someone who like espresso as is too thick for me yet tis espresso drink is juz nice for me!

chocolate struffle.. basically is some chocolate spoonge cake with some warm chocolate sauce in it... yummy~

chocolate brownie on a layer of butter biscuits... i like this combination. 口感 is juz rite!

after a fulfilling and satisfying high tea, we walked around Marina Square and when is abt dinner time, we r in search of food, yet again! hahaha... actually i have some craving for seafood but wat i looking for is those traditional seafood like chilli crab, butter prawns, steam fish. but still the seafood dinner we had @ MS was not too bad, can curb some of my craving...

rather BIG Oysters! but not for me.. so i can't comment on the freshness but actually to the 2 of them, the oysters were not really properly cleaned as they can still taste the sand. hahaha...

tis is suppose to be seafood basket. when it came, i was rather amazed. not the usual plate or a basket, instead is a metal bucket! hahaha...

fish & chips! rather oily...

salmon with teriyaki sauce... i was expecting some chips with it yet it came with mashed potatoes... hmm.. diff from the menu leh..

while i was buying present for my fren's daughter's 1st year old bday, 2 'big kids' were having fun @ the Lego table...

here's wat they built! a choo-choo train! whahaha...

on Sunday, i went to my fren's daughter's 1st year old bday. bday girl is so active. she made alot of noise and caught alot of our attention. i oso met another my fren's 1st year old baby girl. initially, my brother told me that tis baby girl is rather shy and may not like pple to carry her. oh well, it is a totally different experience for me. when i 1st saw her, i played with her for a while and when i tried to carry her, it was easy job. hahaha... she is a lovely baby with big eyes and chubby cheeks. there were a few other children running around tat day. juz nice for a big kid like me who juz enjoys playing with little children. ahhaha...

over the weekend, my cousin told us tat my little niece, Lynnette got HFMD. aiyooo... poor girl... she muz be very bored as she have to stay at home for 1 whole week. i guess she really hope to go out for a walk. on sat, she actually made a call to my house! hahaha.. i was quite amazed when i heard her voice over the phone. when she heard my voice, her 1st reaction was "Ah-Yee (auntie in chinese)". then after a while, i figured out tat she was playing with the phone and accidentally press on speed dial for my house. haha... when i went over on yesterday to take care of her, she was really excited to see me. bringing out all her toys and books to play with me. she looks good to me and so i am less worried for her illness now. juz hope she will get by tis whole week fast and good.

in fact, yesterday was a busy day. after taking care of Lynnette, i went back home to prepare for my dinner gathering with my pri sch frens. we went to Chinatown for dinner as i had the craving for hawker food! woohoo~!!! they r my best khakis for hawker food! 6 of us ordered claypot rice, sambal stingray, stir fry kang-kong, char kway teow, satay to share. after dinner, we went on for our dessert! whahaha... durian eating along the back alley! yummy~!!! had a very FULL dinner yesterday and it was a good catch up with my pri sch frens. so much so tat we did not rem to take any pics, only rem when is time for us to go home. hahaha...

No comments: