Thursday, August 28, 2008

an agreement between a 80yrs old Grandpa & his 2 grandchildren

as the title suggest, it is abt an agreement contract drawn up by my Grandpa and to be followed by my brother & I. heehee...

My Grandpa passed away when I was abt 11 yrs old. it has been more than 10 years since he passed away but i still remember every bit and pieces abt him vividly. indeed everyone in my family will always remember this very gentle, polite and humorous Father/Grandpa... :) and abt few years back when my aunt was clearing up some documents left in the old house, she came across this contract written by my Grandpa. the contract consists of he and his very chim chinese words and it was all written in Traditional Chinese which not many of us can recognised what he wrote. after reading thru it, we all had a very good laugh and till now, we will still talk abt it.

basically this contract was drawn up in Year 1992 when i was abt 8yrs old and my bro was abt 12yrs old. being young kids, both of us definitely prefered to go out to play most of the time rather than stay at home to finish up the boring homework. however, it is always not the perfect case in which kids can juz go out and play for the whole day after school. in order to keep us at home to complete our homework before going out to play, Grandpa had to come up with the idea to write a contract and made sure both of us sign on it. hahaha... sound funny? but it was a quite a useful and efficient method to make sure that both of us will follow the rules and regulations as stated. being a pri 2 kid, of cos i did not really understand the content of the contract. all i did was to follow my brother. since he put his name on it, so i juz followed suit to sign. futhermore, if we did not sign on the contract, we can jolly well forget abt going to play so we had no choice anyway. hahaha... & tat was how smart my Grandpa was.

**to have a clearer view of wat was written, u can click on the image for an enlarged view** (btw, is read from right to left. traditional chinese way of writing)


PS: i guess this is the most interesting contract i have ever seen so far... whahaha...

No comments: