Saturday, August 09, 2008

My Honours Graduation on 18 July 2008

18 July 2007, i received my Bachelor Degree in International Hotel and Tourism Management. 1 year later on 18 July 2008, i achieved my Honours Degree in International Hotel and Tourism Management. my journey as a student finally ended. though the final result is not as good i hope to be, i am still happy and glad tat i have come this far. as the picture below stated, i only managed a Second Class Lower Honours. i was really very upset when i 1st received the email notification from my advisor saying that i got a Honours Class 2B. during then, i was halfway thru my travel in Darwin. my mood was totally affected. i spoke to quite a few pple via sms, phone and msn. glad tat i have these pple with me during tat very moment. it gave me some form of reassurance and their advice made me feel much better. after talking to them, the thought of not attending the ceremony totally vanished. i am really glad tat i made the choice to attend the ceremony even when i am disappointed with the ultimate results. though my result is the not perfect one, my graduation ceremony is definitely a fruitful one with wishes from family and friends. further to that, i brought home with me a bag of precious memories with many photos taken at the various "hot-spots".

Part 1 of the Graduation Ceremony: All About myself in UQ...

see my name? the ONLY Honours student for my program for the semester...

before i put on the trencher @ Great Court..


little teddy bear is from my youngest uncle from my mum's side & as for the lovely smilely face flower, i bought it from Adelaide. heehee..

along the corridor..

hugging the pillar...

leaning against the sandstone wall... i like the colour contrast of the wall...

receiving the empty scroll.. no certificate in it ah.. surprisingly tat this photo taken from far by my cousin turn out very well. *thank u, cousin cindy!!*


@ the Eleanor Schonell Bridge..

@ UQ Lake with the fountain..


@ the NEW UQ signboard... lovely photo with clear blue sky...


~muackssssss~ I LOVE UQ!!!! whahahaha...


can't really see the flowers.. but i still wanna introduce the 2 bouquets of flowers i had for the day. a bouquet of Jebris flowers from Philip and Charlotte! extremely colourful and very bright looking! a bouquet of Iris flowers from Grace! a pleasant surprise from her. Iris holding on to Iris... heehee...


@ School of Tourism & Leisure Management...


@ BEL (Business, Economics & Law) Faculty...


@ Roof Top Terrace cafe.. i really like the background of this photo so i decided to put tis photo. my arms around Phil's neck look more like strangling him ah. hahaha.. i was tired so i was trying to get some "support" from Phil.


acting cute @ Social Science and Humanities Library... :P


seated comfortably @ the Library after walking around the campus...

introducing the Reference section of the library...

for one minute, i am a hardworking student...

the next minute, i am throwing away the book! haha...

further to tat, i am trying to tear the book into half..

to make it worse, i am stepping on the book!

i need some help! Phil, give me a "leg" pls! haha...

FINALLY!!! end of ALL photo taking! i can take out the heavy gown... ~phew~!!!

Part 2 of Graduation Ceremony: Sending my wishes to all the Graduates!

Jia Ning, my course mate cum group mate.. she is Masters student while i am Honours student..

with Katherina, my housemate...

with Joyce Lam, my groupmate from my previous Bachelor studies...

Me & Felicia & our bouquets of flowers!!!

Me & Joyce... both of us attending our 2nd graduation in UQ. hahaha...

Me & Philip @ UQ Lake...

Part 3 of Graduation Ceremony: Deepest gratitude & appreciation to my supporters! *Thank u very much to ALL!*

Cousin Cindy who flew to Australia for my graduation as well as for a week's travel. deeply appreciate her presence. with her around, i felt warmth and great happiness. & not forgetting her hardwork in becoming my camerawoman and 保姆. THANK U very much!!!

Grace, my lovely housemate who not only attended my ceremony, walked around campus with me without complain and FULL of energy in taking photos with me and for me... as well as gave me a pleasant surprise with a lovely bouquet of "myself"! hahaha...

a bouquet of "myself" means a bouquet of Iris! i really love the flowers very much.. THANK U, Grace!

without her, i guess my photo taking session will not be a success! Yvonne! my lovely friend who drove us around campus for my photo taking. my feet felt so painful after wearing the new heels so i almost want to give up in taking photos around campus. really grateful for Yvonne's help! THANK U very much, ger!!!

Part 4 of Graduation Ceremony: High Tea Celebration @ Freestyle Tout!

lovely scene @ Emporium..

yummy desserts awaiting for us!!!

my treat for all! to show my deepest appreciation for their presence on my very special day!

No comments: