Tuesday, August 05, 2008

my last week in Brisbane...

as mentioned, i have many many photos with me after 1 mth of travelling, convocation and last week in Brisbane. so i will slowly update my entries with these photos before more start to accummulate. i decided to start off with the happenings during my last week in Brisbane. memories r still fresh in my mind so i shall recall what i did during tat one week...

Thanks to Yvonne and her sister, Soo Ying, I managed to stay at their place for my last week in Brisbane and it is a really lovely apartment. BIG, clean and lovely apartment with nice and serene surrounding. Here is a picture of the apartment, Cambridge Square.

Most importantly, it is located at Warren Street in St Lucia, Brisbane. i simply love Warren Street as abt 2.5yrs ago, i was staying at a house along Warren Street with Huiying and Tess. we stayed in tat particular house for almost 1.5yrs. to end my journey in Brisbane, i am back to Warren Street once again... as i walked along the road from Warren Street to uni campus (abt 8mins walk), familiar scene appeared in my mind cos i walked along tat 8-mins path for almost 1.5yrs when i was staying along Warren Street. for tat very moment, i can feel tat my eyes r wet. haha...

so over the 1 last week in Brisbane, i did a lot of things. it was a busy and hectic week for me with minimum amount of rest and sleep. other than some last min shopping, i accomplished all the aims i set.

1st aim: to meet up with all the friends who r still in Brisbane and have a last gathering with each and every one of them.

Joyce & I @ a Thai restaurant @ Rosalie, Milton..


Yvonne & I @ Freestyle..

Charlotte & I @ a pub along Queen Street Mall..

Felicia & I @ the pub along Queen Street Mall...


Me & Jia Ning @ Pancake House...

Me & Grace.. after Yum Cha..

Me & Soo Ying @ Freestyle (with a passer-by in the background.. BIG EXTRA!)

2nd aim: go to all the places & do all the things which i will miss after i leave Brisbane..


City Cat Ride... i seriously miss this mode of transport very much... no traffic jam, cool breeze and lovely scenery along the river...

Toowong Village... the place where i have to visit at least once or twice a month... yeahz... tis is where i get my groceries! heehee...

View from Mount Cootha... highest point of Brisbane...

enjoying myself under the bright sunshine and admiring the clear blue sky in Brisbane...

taking a stroll along South Bane with the night scene Brisbane city across Brisbane River...

Korean Restaurant in City (after 3 yrs, i still forget its name) haha...

one of the pub along Queen Street Mall..

The Pancake Manor...

All time favourite - Freestyle Tout...

Cybercity in Chinatown

3rd Aim: enjoy all the yummy food in Brisbane for the last time in tis one last week...

Fried Dumplings from Korean Restaurant

Seafood Pancake from Korean Restaurant

Korean Hot Plate... yummilicious...

some strawberry cocktail... strong...

Mudslide... sweet...

forget wat is tis cocktail but i like the colour...

Seafood Crepe from Pancake Manor..

Grilled Beef Burger & chips from Pancake Manor

Chocolate Jewels pancakes...


3-treasures (roasted duck, roasted pork and soy chicken) rice...


Vege salad from Freestyle...

Baked potatoes...

Vanilla Creme Brulee..

Flourless Chocolate Cake...

Bittersweet Chocolate Tart...

Raspberries Dumplings...

Thai Spring Rolls & Curry Puffs...

Thai Chicken with Cashew nuts & Thai Red Curry...

Fish & chips from Salt & Battery..

Hong Kong style Ice milk tea...

Stir Fried Beef Kway Teow...

Shredded Chicken Rice stick Noodles...

Vege Noodles...

Chocolate in Banana..

Ice Chocolate...

On the day when i depart Brisbane, i had a hectic day. Felicia came over to pick me up early in the morning at abt 1030am. We set off to airport at abt 11am. Really thank u to Felicia for driving me to airport. after i checked in all my luggage, Felicia drove me to DFO to get my Country Road bag. woohoo~!!! really good buy and juz nice for me to put all my hand carry stuff in it. at abt 130pm, i got back to airport, cleared the custom and bid Felicia goodbye. proceed to the boarding gate to wait for the boarding time. by then, my heart is still not feeling extremely excited abt going home. all i felt was a sense of relieve as i managed to check in all my luggage. hahaha...

SQ236 on 2 August 2008...


View from my airplane seat..

Gate 83.. the boarding gate and aerobridge...

View of Brisbane - not long after take off...

Me on board the plane...
i have a good flight back. the svc standard was still acceptable and i managed to watch some shows which i always wanna watch. :D

No comments: