Sunday, September 23, 2012

Singapore Formula One 2012 - Jay Chou F1 Concert

Finally today I decided to give myself a break from work and focus on updating my blog before it goes back to hibernating mode again. :p shall leave my updates on MACAU aside first & talk about the hottest topic in town for this VROOM! VROOM! VROOM! weekend.
 
September is the month where we welcome the Formula One Night Race in Singapore. This year, the race is from 21 to 22 Sep. The atmosphere could be felt everywhere, every corner in Singapore. As I was preparing my photos for this blog update, I heard my Grandma called out "VROOM! VROOM! VROOM!" all of a sudden! See! Even my Grandma is in the F1 mood. whahahaha..
 
Today is the final race and we will know who is the winner of this year's race. I am not a F1 fan but I am still excited to find out who is the winner. :) This year, I happened to be part of the F1 celebration. All thanks to my lovely Brother and Junwei, I managed to go for F1 race on opening day and was able to enjoy the concert which I had been longing to. YEAH! Cause this year, F1 organiser invited Jay Chou to perform on opening day! Woohoo~!!! He is the first ever Asian singer to perform in F1 (at least in Singapore). & most importantly, this is his first ever outdoor concert in Singapore! I thought he would only be performing for 5 to 10 minutes. In the end, his performance time slot was a good 1 hour and he performed 12 songs in total! oh wow! the very oriented-themed for most songs chosen and also very much related to racing to suit the F1-themed. Good selection of songs as being the only Chinese performer, i think Jay would like to show a clear distinction in his music from the remaining performers. Apart from fast-paced songs with loud music and rap, he also sang his classic romance songs. he melted the girls' hearts by emerging from the middle of the stage with a piano! Awww... full of charisma, how can I not continue to support him and completely immerse in the 周式歌曲 (Jay Chou style music)? :) Looking forward to his concert in Singapore next year... it has been almost 2 years since he last had his concert in Singapore. Jay, don't make us wait too long, yeahz! :) okiedokie, enough of my writing, shall dive straight into the photos I took for the night. Pardon me for some of the blur photos as I was standing quite far away from the stage and tried my very best to capture the actions.


Pat & I @ the entrance gate 3 :)

Happenings around Zone 4 @ Padang..


杰伦, 我们又见面了!!!


wow.. so many people waiting to watch Jay Chou's performance. Jun, who say no one wanna watch Jay leh? it was "people mountain people sea" lor!

before the concert starts, Pat & I decided to have a look at the practice race but it was kinda boring with NO collision action. whahahaha..

even it was practice race, there were quite a number of spectators. & the funniest thing was everyone had their cameras ready and tried to take photos of the formula cars that drove past. oh well... unless the cameras have super high shutter speed, else the photo will be a total failure. but still everyone wanna give it a try and I thought I should try too... see below pic for what i captured:

haha... totally blur vision of the super fast-moving Formula car... oh well, at least i tried my best. :) after a few shots, i decided to take video instead. so here you are:
 
 
VROOM! VROOM! VROOM!
 
After watching the practice race for about half an hr, Pat & I decided to head down to the field area and position ourselves for the arrival of Jay Chou! Most people were comfortably seated on the grass patch area despite the heavy rain earlier which caused the mud to be soggy and wet. For that, Pat & I preferred to stand around to wait for Jay instead. heehee... When it was about 15mins to the start of the concert, Shuwei messaged me and asked if I wanna join her in the FanZone area. She had the wristbands for the FanZone access and she could pass them to me so that Pat & I could go in too. Due to the poor network reception, there was a miscommunication. After much rushing and running around, I finally met up with Shuwei. I went into the FanZone with her first while Pat waited for me outside. Then after I went into the FanZone successfully, Shuwei handed me her wristband and I quickly ran out to bring Pat in. woohoo!!! we were just in time for the concert to start officially! YEAH!!! 有惊无险!!

Proudly present to you: Jay Chou Singapore F1 Concert!
 
the opening backdrop for the 1st song.. so many computer graphics and effects for the night. though the sound system was a bit muffled in the midst of Jay's singing, everything else was perfect. even Jay's dance steps were miraculously ok. haha...

cool.. the tower rose all the way up.. good opportunity for us to take photos from afar. heehee...
 
heehee.. lyrics flashed on a panel facing the stage to "remind" singers on the lyrics in case they forget! how thoughtful...
 
woooo... *melt *melt *melt
 
wooo... so many cameras/phone cameras snapping away... trying to capture the best shots of Jay Chou at every corner
 
love him ah.. cause he seems to like to walk to the right handside of the stage, right in front of where we were standing. good view of him. :)
 
LED lights on his costume! wow! oh ya.. he changed a total of 5 costumes in the short 1 hour concert. how amazing! Jay really gave in 101% for this concert. on top of this, he also rehearsed on-site for 2 consecutive afternoons. Bravo, Jay!
 
香车美女与帅哥 --- Ferrari ohhh...
 
Ermm.. Jay trying hard to focus in his singing but obviously he was distracted by the hot babe dancing sexily next to him. whahahaha...
 
钢琴王子 --- 杰伦是也
 
好陶醉ohhh
 
又帅又酷又有才华
 

Jay on piano.. one of the highlights of the concert!
 
the very oriented-theme backdrop for his very 中国风的歌曲
 
 
说好的幸福呢
 

杰伦,我们明年再见!


2 comments:

Millidream said...

Nice, looks like u totally enjoy!

sandyris said...

YES! I totally enjoyed the concert. whahaha...