Friday, September 28, 2012

Bloggers Trip to MACAU - Day 2

"Bloggers, are you ready for the interesting Mini Macau Amazing Race?"

Yeah! is Race Day today! Early in the morning we set off to Senado Square area within the Historic Centre of Macau for a mini amazing race around MACAU's heritage area. I told the bloggers that the race will be very relaxed. However, at the end of the day or rather along the way, they had been cursing and swearing. Haha.. in the Whatsapp group chat, one of them said that I bluffed them by saying that the race is easy. Oh well, the race questions were indeed manageable. I guessed it was because of the hot weather that made all of them perspired a lot. Most of them were soaking wet at the end of the race. Deeply appreciate their great efforts in completing the race within the designated time frame. In fact, I didn't want them to go beyond 12pm as the weather will only be hotter and it was really not wise for them to be racing under the hot afternoon sun. Glad that everyone made it back in a piece! Haha... Great Job, guys! :)

Questionnaire for the Race

Side Track: after washing my hair in the morning, I decided to look for the hair dryer to dry my hair. As I was looking for the hair dryer, I found this flowery bag. Mmm... what's in it?

Haha... is the hair dryer! what a lovely bag for the hair dryer...

Off we went when everyone gathered on time at 10am! After I flagged off the race at Sofitel @ Ponte 16, I decided to slowly walked to the ending point to wait for all of them as they were supposed to complete a task at the ending point. As I walked along, I decided to detour to fill my stomach ( I didn't eat breaky!!). Actually, this is part of my plan - to enjoy some street food for breaky. I planned to have a cup of bubble tea + Lok Lok for breaky. However, to my disappointment, Come Buy Bubble Tea was not opened yet. Haiz.. not fated to drink bubble tea, so I just settled for Lok Lok from my favourite stall, 恒友. I sat down to enjoy my Lok Lok and checking out Instagram for updates for their race. As I have asked them to answer some questions via Instagram so reviewing Instagram was part and parcel of my task. As I was enjoying my Lok Lok, I realised that their speed were faster than I expected. Before I could finished my last piece of Lok Lok, the first few teams were already more than half way through the race. So I quickly went to the last stop @ Margaret's Cafe to prepare for the arrival of the teams. :)

恒友 Lok Lok Stall

Yummilicious... You can even buy the sauce from the stall owner and try to make "Lok Lok" at home. I shall get 1 bottle during my next trip!
Egg Tarts for the task to be completed by all teams @ the ending point

Finally when the first team - Willy & Valyn arrived, I knew that the rest will slowly strolled in too. As they sat down, I could see their tiredness and shagness. I didn't mean to torture them by asking them to race under such hot weather. This Amazing Race was specially designed by me and I really hope that they have enjoyed MACAU in an amazing way and be able to know more about what MACAU has to offer in terms of culture, heritage, food and sightseeing. :)

Group photo after the race... All look kinda tired and shag.. haha...
As I didn't followed them during the race, I had to look into the Instagram photos to know what they have done and where they have been. I decided to include some of the photos to show the real action. All these photos are courtesy of all the bloggers via Instagram.
After flagged off at the starting point at Sofitel @ Ponte 16

First photo to be taken with any 1 local cookies shop located along Rua da Felicidade (Happiness Street)

Wow... Joey is like superstar with so many cameras taking a picture of her (or actually they are aiming the shop name behind her. :p) *Photo courtesy of Jerome

Chun See was asking for directions to the next question?? *Photo courtesy of Jerome

Yes! Of all people, why did Kaika asked a half-naked guy for directions? Hmmm.. according to her, there were no one else then. However, we weren't very convinced. Haha...

Rui Long's remedy to fight the HOT weather... Smart girl!

NICE jump by Joey! :)

According to Leo, he was faking a smile as he was soaking wet after going around under the sorching sun!

One of my favourite photos of St Dominic's Church as it captured the whole facade itself.

Photo of part of the Old Section of the City Wall which is one of the heritage site of MACAU!
Lovely photo taken by Kaika, capturing not only her 大头贴 self-potrait but also the landmark of MACAU - Ruins of St Paul's in the background.
Time for Egg Tarts!!! :)

Leo was not really enjoying the tart as he was too tired and sweaty to think. haha..


Of course, together with the video captured by omy.sg, I had a clearer picture of how's the amazing race like when the teams were going around. For the very first time, I felt that MACAU is so beautiful, even more beautiful than I thought of. The local street scenes were nicely captured in the video. :)


After the race, the bloggers had free & easy session to roam around. Most of them decided to further explore Senado Square area for good food and more photos. GOOD for them! :) I didn't joined their lunch @ Cheong Kei & Yi Shun as I had to join Grace and the guests for GTEF for a quick lunch. After lunch, I re-joined some of the bloggers to explore MJ Gallery @ Sofitel @ Ponte 16. I wanted to take some decent photos of the gallery for future promotional purposes. When we were done @ MJ Gallery, the bloggers went back to Senado Square while I went for some retail therapy @ my favourite outlet in MACAU. heehee...
Sau Jun, Joey, Rui Long and Ai enjoying the milk pudding @ Yi Shun. Yummy!!


MJ Gallery dedicated to the King of Pop - Michael Jackson

New items on display...

A time passage that showcased the timeline of MJ

The iconic white gloves of MJ..

If you are a MJ fan, do not miss the MJ Gallery. Quite a compact gallery which is good for a walk down memory lane with the idol's favourite outfit, accessories, music CDs and more. It is FREE admission!


My loot from Espirit Outlet in MACAU! Retail therapy didn't really work though I spent about S$90 in about 2 hours. haha..



After a long day going around, I went back to my hotel room to have a good night rest before a hectic schedule on the next day. & as I entered the room, I was wondering what kind of surprise will I be getting from the hotel? Mmmm...

Here you are! Yummy Macaroons of different flavours! Thanks, Grand Lapa Hotel for the hospitality! :)

Last but not least, for more information and photos of the trip and what did the bloggers do, please log on to My MACAU Travel Experience 2012 official website.




No comments: