Friday, February 06, 2009

silly technical errors or pure laziness of human beings???

beginning of the lunar new year, i encountered the 1st unlucky day of the yr. it was supposed to be my driving practical test yesterday. i went for revision lessons diligently from mon to wed in order to prepare myself for the test. i tried to read thru all the little notes i wrote for different test routes the night before so tat i wun forget to do the necessary lane changing at the respective junction. on thurs itself, i went for the warm up drive abt 1 hr before my test. i was waiting anxiously and nervously yet my name was never called. when i went to check with the traffic police dept, i was stunned by their replies. they DID NOT have my records! which means i can't take my test at all! WTH~!!! my 1st reaction was how can it be as i already paid for it. i even had my booking records and payment receipts printed out. i showed to the examiner, but they juz can't do anything. they asked me to check with the driving centre instead. at tat point in time, i was really agitated. i tried very hard to suppress my emotion and went over to the booking counter to explain my situation. i was referred to one of the senior staff in the office and he tried to look into the issue by checking out where was the error and try to resolve the issue by getting me the earliest available test date. he explained tat becos i did an online booking at abt midnite, the booking data was somehow lost in the process when they sent the updates to the traffic police dept at 12midnite every day. so i questioned them whether they have a 2nd round of confirmation for list of testees. i was given a very shocking ans as "NO". i was really disappointed by this ans as i tink there shld be some form of re-confirmation on both driving centres and the traffic police dept before the test. & another disappointment is tat since the driving centre allow pple to use online booking and transaction, updating shld not be done only once a day and when errors of such occur, they simply push the blame to technical fault. honestly, i dun buy their explanation. but at that point in time, i really can't do anything much. my mood is totally dampened and all i wanna was to be able to settle on a new test date asap. thankfully they were able to get me a new test date which is abt 1 week later and gave me a complimentary lesson. at the end of the day, it is not any complimentary lesson tat matters most. wat matter most is i prepared myself mentally for the test yet i was not even given the opportunity to go for it due to some stupid technical errors which human beings shld be able to prevent it if a little more effort was contributed...

now tat when i calmed down, i was able to blog abt my encounter. & to tink back abt wat my brother said abt viewing the issue from another point of view in a very "ah-Q" thinking: maybe if i went for the test yesterday, i would have mount kerb and fail the test badly. haha... i guess tat is the only way i can do to comfort myself now.

No comments: