Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pre-CNY Reunion Dinner...

Chinese New Year is coming soon... in abt 1 week's time. woohoo~!!! CNY has always been my favourite festival as there r many new year goodies to enjoy, great opportunity for everyone in the family to get together, once a yr occasion for long time friends to meet up and gather & of cos not to forget the usual practice during CNY, receiving ANG BAOs! hahaha...

last Sat, i had an early reunion dinner with my family (my parents, my brother & sis-in-law). usually, my family dun have such practice and our reunion dinner will be together with the rest of the family which include my grandma, aunties, uncles and cousins. and as most of u shld noe tat i dun live with my parents. since young, both my bro and i have been living with my grandparents, aunties and uncles. due to my parents' work commitment, both of us have been taken care of by my grandparents since young and usually we would go back to our parents' house every weekend when we were younger. however as we grew older, we had different commitments, thus, this practice had not been in place for years. however, we will still make it a point to visit my parents every now and then. tis yr, my mum suggested to have a reunion dinner together and this was also the 1st year my sis-in-law joined us during reunion dinner officially as part of the Lim's family.

it was a cosy and heartwarming reunion dinner with my family and it was really great to enjoy the "warmth" from the steamboat as well as the warmth from my family. talking abt the steamboat, it had been a very long while since i last seen such an antique-looking steamboat. haha... my bro, sis-in-law and i were amazed to see such antique steamboat equipment @ my parents' house. my mum said tat she preferred to use tis kind of antique steamboat which uses charcoal rather than those which required either electricity or gas. she said tat the food taste nicer with charcoal. oh well, i would say it is definitely a different experience as lots of patience is required when such antique steamboat is used. & maybe i tink tat is y it makes pple enjoy the steamboat-ing moment even more. i tink the last time i was using this kind of antique steamboat was when i was really young (maybe abt 5 to 6 yrs old). is good to see it again. hahaha...

the antique-looking steamboat tat uses charcoal...

after the dinner, my bro, sis-in-law & i went for a movie, The Battle of Red Cliff (赤壁). i heard abt tis show from many pple and all their comments were very good and that created my curiosity for the show. i did not catch Part 1 so naturally when Part 2 was out, i did not had the urge to watch it. however, all the positive comments caught my attention so i decided to watch it. haha.. usually pple watched Part 1 before Part 2. for me, i watched Part 2 before watching Part 1 at home. nevertheless, i was not lost halfway thru the movie as my bro gave me a good intro on wat was shown in Part 1 and i myself have some knowledge abt the 三国 history.

i muz say tat it was a really good show. exciting storyline base on the history, impressive visual effects, interesting dialogue for the actors and actresses. with a show base on history and war, the atmosphere created for the show should be stern and gloomy. however, the funny and interesting dialogue created an enjoyable feel and allow pple to understand the storyline in a more relaxing way. & of cos, Tony Leung nv fail to impress me with his excellent acting skills. one who always maintain a high standard in his acting no matter wat character he is playing. one who uses his "eyes" (眼神) to act and he really knows how to "create a life" for the character.

No comments: