Sunday, March 01, 2009

Outing to Marina Barrage

It had been abt 2 weeks since i started on my new job. Currently I am working in a tourism marketing company and for the past 2 weeks, it was a period for me to get used to the happenings in the office and the operations of the various accounts. i am still adapting and learning the ropes, hopefully everything will carry on smoothly. basically the job scope is wat i am looking for and i hope tat my interests for the job will carry on to be boasted as time goes by. i dun really like to do things which dun interest me. thus, interests in the job play impt role in capturing my attention for the work.

since i started to work, i am rather lazy to online after i get back from work. my thinking is tat since i had been facing the computer screen for the whole day, i dun wana face any more of my lappy for the rest of the nite. i prefer to root myself to the sofa and enjoy the shows on TV. so i guess tat is the main reason y my blog had been neglected for the past 2 weeks. had some happenings for last weekend and tis weekend, so decided to update both entries together.

1stly, i went to the Marina Barrage with my family (Cousin SW, WK, Baby Lynn, Aunt Cindy and Grandma). weather was pretty cooling on the day when we were at the Marina Barrage and it was quite a pleasant trip as i had fun running around with Lynn. the place was rather spacious though there were many pple around - families having picnic and there were some events going on. however, i tink i was expecting to see more things. to me, the whole area seems under-utilised. hopefully when the surroundings r more or less done up, when all the construction work ends, the whole Marina Barrage will be fully-utilised to its max level. look forward to tat day... ^_^

anyway, here r some pics which i took @ the Marina Barrage:

view from the top of the barrage... trying to find the building which my office is located at... can't seems to see it clearly though...

Marina & City Hall area with all the hotel buildings, the Singapore Flyer

fountain within the Marina Barrage.. good for kids to enjoy water splashing...

the bridge for pple to walk up from ground level to the upper level...

the bridge with the gates or dams...

Lynn enjoying her chocolate pooky sticks... yum~ yum~

is Lynn trying to do "twinkle twinkle little stars?" haha...

No comments: